I hope this letter finds you and your family safe and well. Thank you to all of you who have been attending weekday or Sunday Mass with your child since June.
Public health restrictions have relaxed a little but not as much as we would have hoped for, however, we will proceed on 29th August, albeit in a simpler form.
Restrictions on numbers permitted in churches (50) have determined the following:
- 10am Mass with pupils of Miss Dalton in Athboy Church
- 30am Mass with pupils of Miss Twoomey & Rathmore in Athboy Church
- 2pm Mass with pupils of Rathcairn in Athboy Church
- Only the child, accompanied by 2 parents (2 adults) and siblings may attend.
- Unfortunately aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents or friends cannot be present in the church, no additional adults will be admitted.
- Each child will be allocated a seat in the church with parents and siblings.
- The names of those attending must be submitted to the school by each family 2 days beforehand and these names will be checked in at the church door.
- After the ceremony you will be provided with a wipe to clean the space you have occupied.
- Adults are required to wear a mask/face covering in the church at all times.
- Social distancing guidelines mean photography inside the church will not be possible this year and you are requested not to gather in groups inside or outside the church before or after the ceremony.
These requirements are restrictive, but in the interest of your safety and the safety of all the other families involved, I request your co-operation with all of the above.