(or at 2pm if a funeral Mass)
Fr. Cogan writes of Rathmore “a parish church stood here from time immemorial.” The present church of St. Lawrence was built in 1843. Fr. James Rickard was the Parish Priest at the time. Extensive renovations were carried out in 1991. St. Lawrence, died in 258, is seen as the cheerful giver since he was one of the seven deacons of the Roman Church in charge of material needs of the faithful.